Infrastructure | gitlab-tag-list for automated messages of new tags created on gitlab.gnome.org (#286)

Title: GitLab

Olav Vitters created an issue:

Prerequisites

Purpose of the list

I'd like something similar to ftp-release-list (https://mail.gnome.org/archives/ftp-release-list/). Some people do not make use of download.gnome.org anymore. I'd still like to know when they create a release. They do this by creating a tag in gitlab. See e.g. https://gitlab.gnome.org/jadahl/gnome-remote-desktop/-/tags. For automation an easy solution is to just have something subscribe to a mailing list, then parse the emails.

If you know of a better way to be informed in a push method way that would be nice too. It needs to handle the entirety of gitlab.gnome.org, not just known/existing modules.

Ideally the email is nice, with a description of the module and so on. But in case that's too much a simple email is good enough. I'd like to at least have the location on gitlab.gnome.org, the tag as headers in the email.

Requested details

  1. gitlab-tag-list
  2. sysadmin gnome org ;)

The list should be restricted like ftp-release-list. The list should get a message whenever someone creates a tag in any module within gitlab.gnome.org.

/cc @averi