Infrastructure | Unable to log into GNOME Chat (#214)

Title: GitLab

Rafael Fontenelle created an issue:

I created an account in GNOME Chat (instead of logging in as my LDAP user, which I didn't know I could use at the time) and I set two-factor authentication (2FA). After logging out and in again, I'm getting "User not found or password incorrect" error message, so I'm unable to pass the authentication screen.

I requested password reset, and it seems I successfully reset my password, but I'm still unable to log in. I noticed that my 2FA token was not requested in any of my login attempts.

"rafaelff" is the username created in GNOME Chat. I used it to join a couple of channels, nothing important.

I kindly request:

  1. If possible, to be able to use my LDAP user, even if it means to delete the current user.
  2. If not possible to use LDAP, to try to recover my username, removing 2FA, resetting password or whatever is necessary.