Infrastructure | D-L: palette: "You are not allowed to push code to protected branches on this project" (#166)

Title: GitLab

Rafael Fontenelle created an issue:

Summary

I'm unable to push translations via Damned Lies web interface for the new translation module of "palette". I get the following error message:

“\[Errno 1\] Command: "\['git', 'push', 'origin', 'master'\]", Error: remote: GitLab: You are not allowed to push code to protected branches on this project. To gitlab.gnome.org:World/design/palette.git ! \[remote rejected\] master -> master (pre-receive hook declined) error: failed to push some refs to 'git gitlab gnome org:World/design/palette.git' ”

Please notice that the translation user is already a member of palette project.

Already reported in damned-lies#153

Steps to reproduce

  1. Access palette module in Damned Lies (e.g. pt_BR)
  2. Apply the actions Reserve for translation > Upload the new translation > Ready for submission
  3. Finally, try to apply Send to repository (so D-L runs a git push)

What is the current bug behavior?

Translation is not pushed to the repository, and the error message is displayed.

What is the expected correct behavior?

Translation gets pushed successfully, not error message

Relevant logs and/or screenshots

palette

/cc @averi