Re: get .flatpakref files to download.gnome.org

On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 07:38:24AM -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 6:01 AM, Bastian Ilso <hougaard junior gmail com>
wrote:
It would be really nice if we could start having *.flatpakref files[1]
hosted at an official place at gnome.org. For example, it would be nice
if we had the flatpakref file for gnome-builder 3.22 hosted at:
https://download.gnome.org/sources/gnome-builder/3.22/

I downloaded a 'flatpackref' for gedit. It has the following content:
  Title=GEdit
  Name=org.gnome.gedit
  Branch=stable

What will happen if you click on this file when we're at 3.24? Will it
then still install 3.22 or will it install 3.24?

The request is to have it under the versioned directory, but I wonder if
e.g.
https://download.gnome.org/sources/gnome-builder/gnome-builder.flatpakref
makes more sense. Or maybe: $module-$branch.flatpakref.

I don't know the exact details in terms of what is required to do this and
how this would work. I'm told there is a script located at
https://git.gnome.org/browse/sysadmin-bin which is doing the groundwork
for populating download.gnome.org. Perhaps this is something you can help
with sorting out? :-)

Changing that Python script isn't too difficult.

The script I was pointing Bastien at is ftpadmin which we currently use on
master.gnome.org to put tarballs in place:

ftpadmin install gtk+-3.22.6.tar.xz

I think we could have a similar command for flatpakref files:

ftpadmin install gnome-recipes.flatpakref

Few things to notice: the basename of the flatpakref file would probably
have to be used to determine which module the file belongs to, but we don't
generally encode version information in there, so maybe that needs to be
passed separately:

Here I wonder. The 3.22 directories is basically just a convention,
nothing more. The amount of directories in e.g. gnome-terminal is
already getting pretty long. Ideally I'd change this to:
sources/$module/$major/$major-$minor/*

though some modules lack a minor (date based releases).

It seems that the version should be taken from the "Branch="?

ftpadmin install-ancillary-file --for-module gnome-recipes-0.8.0
gnome-recipes.flatpakref

?
And just to get that out of the way, flatpakref files are just links,
basically. They point to one or more flatpak repositories that are hosted
elsewhere, thats all.

Seems they're just an .ini file.

Olav