New machines at RDU2 + GNOME Backups

Hey,

I'm happy to announce the new machines we were awaiting have arrived
at RDU2 and were racked already. I then moved forward configuring both
of them and the deploy was successful.

The machines have been labeled as 'scale' and 'gesture' from our
longstanding naming convention. Currently they reside in RDU2 (while
pretty much all the other boxes we manage are hosted in PHX2) and are
connected to the -back channel through a VPN tunnel. DRAC cards have
been configured as well (one of the boxes has its DRAC card bound to
the wrong VLAN but still accessible through a firewalled public IP, a
ticket has been opened to have that fixed), as usual login details can
be found on our internal documentation area.

For sysadmins, [1] contains the Service Tag and S/N for checking new
machines' specs.

I would like to strongly thank Red Hat for the continued support to
the GNOME Project in terms of new hardware, internet connectivity,
on-site personnel, RHEL subscriptions and backups (kindly hosted by
the Fedora Infrastructure).

On the backups side and thanks to the Fedora Infrastructure and Kevin
Fenzi (nirik) in particular we now have access to a self-managed VM
with an attached NetApp storage [2]. We won't have to bug the Fedora
Sysadmins to access our backups or restore a file anymore :-)

Have a great day!

[1] https://wiki.gnome.org/Sysadmin/MachineSerialNumbers
[2] https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/4621

--
Cheers,

Andrea

Debian Developer,
Fedora / EPEL packager,
GNOME Infrastructure Team Coordinator,
GNOME Foundation Board of Directors Secretary,

Homepage: http://www.gnome.org/~av