Re: Please upgrade OwnCloud instance

Thank you, Andrea.  The calendar and notes applications do not appear to
be available post-upgrade. Otherwise, things look to be working fine.

On Thu, Jul 30, 2015, at 01:13 PM, Andrea Veri wrote:
Hello Jim,

I managed to get a mysqld instance running on the machine hosting OC
and upgraded it to the 8.1.0 release.

Have a nice day!

Hey Jim!

the OC upgrade of the instance is currently stuck as the upgrade to OC
8.0.4 requires a change on the binlog_format from statement to row or
mixed. Internally we use replication for a good number of databases
and there's no good rationale at all for us to change the
binlog_format just because the OC devs decided they could decide what
logging format was best for OC administrators. [1] has a good overview
about this and as of today there's no solution I can define as sane.

What we could possibly do if this becomes unsustainable in terms of
security updates and features is setting up an additional mysql server
directly where the OC instance runs with its own set of configuration
values.

[1] https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues/16008

Hello Infrastructure team,

Please upgrade our OwnCloud instance to either version 8.05 or 8.10.
The 8.10 release includes an option to set a 'release channel'[0] which
should make it easier for us to keep our OwnCloud instance up-to-date.

At a minimum, upgrading to 8.05 is recommended, though, as that version
includes some security updates.

Thank you,

Jim

[0] https://owncloud.org/release-channels/

Cheers,

Andrea

Debian Developer,
Fedora / EPEL packager,
GNOME Infrastructure Team Coordinator,
GNOME Foundation Board of Directors Secretary,

Homepage: http://www.gnome.org/~av