Re: Unable to git pull

Hi Andrea,
Yes, the 'git pull' works now...

$ git pull --rebase
Current branch file-manager-actions is up to date.

Is there any explanation to my disappointment ?

The logs on the machine didn't provide a lot of information on this
regard as the same error message "Too many authentication failures for
pwieser" was listed in there as well. We could have probably bumped
the logging level to see what was going on but the issue wasn't
reproducible anymore. That said it seems that the error might have
been caused by the client trying to authenticate with several
different identities and reaching the MaxAuthTries value which is 6 by
default. I see your log excerpt just list 3 tries before the
successful one and that looks totally acceptable. Did the amount of
identities you had on "~/.ssh" changed recently?

What's also curious is your client trying to authenticate with all the
identities you have available even if the relevant IdentityFile value
is set on your "~/.ssh/config" file:

debug1: Authentications that can continue:
publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic
debug1: Offering DSA public key: pierre asus trychlos pwi
debug1: Authentications that can continue:
publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic
debug1: Offering DSA public key: pierre toshiba trychlos pwi
debug1: Authentications that can continue:
publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic

And:

  Host git.gnome.org
        IdentityFile id_rsa_gnome

The problem with this is IdentityFile requires the full path to the
private key file, look at man ssh_config for the variables you can
use.

Anyway, thanks a lot for having taken the time to look at that.

You're welcome!

--
Cheers,

Andrea

Debian Developer,
Fedora / EPEL packager,
GNOME Infrastructure Team Coordinator,
GNOME Foundation Board of Directors Secretary,

Homepage: http://www.gnome.org/~av