Re: ssh public key finger print

Oh yes, I did the same thing, but when I tried sshing into bastion it prompted me to confirm the public key fingerprint.  I checked that VerifyHostKeyDNS was set to yes in my /etc/ssh/ssh_config file.  I was wondering why I was still be prompted to confirm that I trusted the fingerprint.  I did some research and the openssh client will not accept an SSHFP record unless it comes from a trusted DNS zone.  My understanding is the zone the SSHFP record comes from has to have DNNSEC setup and be signed with a chain going all the way to root DNS zone so as to prevent a MITM attack.  I think this will beneficial for new users and servers where if they have VerifyHostKeyDNS in their ssh_config file they will not be prompted to trust the fingerprint because they can look it up in DNS and can trust it.  That was my idea, I also understand that DNSSEC might be PITA to setup correctly and not worth it.