Re: [gnome.org #14530] HTTPS caching proxy for weather information

Andrea Veri via RT wrote:

I'll update the bug report with the RT ticket number once I get it.

Can you provide me the correct URLs (as found in the gnome-weather app) we should reverse proxy requests
from?

Ideally we can add a weather.gnome.org subdomain and have that reverse proxying to the two available
providers through mod_proxy. That will require gnome-weather to adopt weather.gnome.org as its main
provider but that shouldn't be hard ;)

I was just playing the middleman, I added Giovanni to the CC list, he
will be able to correct me if I'm wrong.

I looked at the various libgweather sources, here are the base URL
that are used in them:
 - iwin: http://www.weather.gov/forecasts/xml/sample_products/browser_interface/ndfdBrowserClientByDay.php
 - metar: http://weather.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/mgetmetar.pl
 - owm: http://api.openweathermap.org/data/2.5/forecast