GNOME | Request for Bugzilla data

[Please CC me on replies.]

Hi sysadmins,

could I ask for some statement how to allow researchers to analyze GNOME
Bugzilla without creating too much server load?

This is an ever recurring problem.
I've been asked twice only this week by researchers.

Mozilla have recommendations for researchers at
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/page.cgi?id=researchers.html
and offer a sanitized MySQL dump (without attachments and secret
tickets) at http://people.mozilla.com/~mhoye/bugzilla/ .
Would it be worth if I asked Mozilla for steps how to create such a
dump?

For the time being that researchers crawl GNOME Bugzilla and that we
don't have a dump:
What would be acceptable latency values to *not* get IP addresses
blocked, and UTC times of the day where there's less traffic anyway?
(Actually I'm asking this on behalf of a university professor.)

I'm afraid that by blocking researchers too strictly from crawling
Bugzilla, GNOME excludes itself from insightful scientific input on
understanding and improving project and bug management in GNOME.

andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/