Re: clipboard home directories

On Thu, 2011-10-27 at 10:56 -0600, Christer Edwards wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 3:09 AM, Olav Vitters <olav vitters nl> wrote:
> > Noticed my home directory on clipboard is /home/ovitters instead of
> > /home/users/ovitters. Is this on purpose?
> >
> > Thinking of moving mango to clipboard as I think is intended.
>
> I'm sure home directories should be in /home/users/. I created base
> admin accounts when I first installed those machines and before they
> were puppetized or able to access the NFS shares, so /home/users
> wasn't an option.
>
> Probably a good idea to fix the accounts now that it's properly setup.

Note that the problem goes beyond that - the UIDs aren't synced up,
so there are multiple users called 'otaylor' on the machine.

[otaylor@clipboard ~]$ ls -lnd /home/users/otaylor/
drwxr-xr-x. 25 2150 2150 8192 Oct 26 22:04 /home/users/otaylor/
[otaylor@clipboard ~]$ ls -lnd /home/otaylor/
drwx------. 2 503 503 4096 Oct 19 04:22 /home/otaylor/

- Owen