network security..

So with the recent hacking into kernel.org, and Linux foundation websites,  and just recently I learned that winehq's application database also being compromised, I'm wondering if we should be be looking to making sure we are safe?  I have the impression that FOSS sites are new targets for black hat hackers.  I would hate to see ourselves compromised like the kernel folks.  I know kernel hackers have taken this very seriously.  I wish I had brought it up before Montreal Summit, but alas.

If there is nothing to do here, then that's great.  I just want to bring the question up.

sri