[root button gnome org: Cron <root button> run-parts /etc/cron.daily]

Could anyone with some Python knowledge look into the following scripts
(sysadmin-bin module, visible to all):
- texttable.py
- handle-ldap-modules

It is called like:
# handle-ldap-modules sync

Problem is the handling of encoded data. Script works from the command
line, but not not from cron.

Likely: Command line setup as UTF-8, Cron is not.

How can I solve this? I rather just dump everything to stdout as binary
and ignore if it is UTF-8 or not. But would still appreciate a good fix.

Note: Ideally I'd like to see a nicely formatted output in my mail
reader and from cron (so mail should be sent as utf-8).

And some background info: It puts information from damned-lies
(translation coordinators) as well as maintainers (doap files in
git.gnome.org) in LDAP so the Mango scripts can use that.

If you look at the history of texttable.py you'll notice that I've made
various changes to ensure the encoding was working properly from the
command line. I'm guessing something in texttable.py still needs
changing. Not sure though, perhaps the fault is in handle-ldap-modules.

Unfortunately, running this script locally won't work (depends on GNOME
infra).

Olav

PS: Slightly redacted the fwded email (XXX).
--- Begin Message ---
/etc/cron.daily/sync-mango:

Invalid uids:
  UID             DOAP email          LDAP email        DOAP name               Modules
root       gnome-sysadmin gnome org   ???          GNOME sysadmin team   mhonarc, sysadmin-bin
ssickert   XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX          ???          XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX       gnome-sharing-service
Mismatch between email addresses (DOAP vs LDAP):
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/admin/bin/handle-ldap-modules", line 608, in ?
    print_invalid(INVALID, True, "Mismatch between email addresses (DOAP vs LDAP):")
  File "/home/admin/bin/handle-ldap-modules", line 566, in print_invalid
    print table.draw()
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe1' in position 1573: ordinal not in range(128)

--- End Message ---