Re: git accounts without realname ?

On Sat, Sep 04, 2010 at 10:55:20PM +0200, Christian Persch wrote:
> I thought we had a policy that every account _has to have_ a realname
> set? Can this be corrected?

We can email these persons via commit-list. There the From always shows
the person who pushed the changes.

The committer cannot be changed afterwards (though theoretically
sysadmins are allowed to change history). However, there are some policy
checks in place for the email address:
http://git.gnome.org/browse/gitadmin-bin/tree/pre-receive-check-policy

Patch to extend this would be very welcome (I prefer not to touch the
Git infrastructure)
Olav