Re: Architecture of puppet0 VM

On Wed, 2010-09-01 at 10:01 +0200, Olav Vitters wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 01, 2010 at 03:56:36AM -0400, Red Hat Network Alert wrote:
> > Release   Arch       Profile Name
> > --------  --------   ------------
> > 5Server   i686       container.gnome.org
> > 5Server   i686       menubar.gnome.org
> > 5Server   i686       window.gnome.org
> > 5Server   i686       button.gnome.org
> > 5Server   i686       label.gnome.org
> > 5Server   x86_64     fixed.gnome.org
> > 5Server   x86_64     vbox.gnome.org
> > 5Server   x86_64     drawable.gnome.org
> > 5Server   i686       puppet0
> > 5Server   x86_64     developer-online.gnome.org
> > 5Server   x86_64     git
> > 5Server   x86_64     bugzilla-web
> > 5Server   x86_64     combobox
> > 5Server   x86_64     wiki
> > 5Server   x86_64     gobby
>
> Why is puppet0 i686?
>
> As a simple rule, everything that is i686 should be moved to other
> servers.

There's no particular reason that puppet is i686. I just built it that
way because it had minimal requirements - didn't need a 64-bit address
space and using i686 reduced the memory usage a bit more.

If we got to a point where we had a uniform x86_64 package set, puppet
could definitely be reinstalled to match.

- Owen