Quarterly Update - Draft

Team - I've included a draft of the quarterly report for the Sysadmin
team below. Please offer any feedback you have, this is my first time.
This was due three days ago, so I'd like to submit it by the end of
the day. - Christer

Sysadmin Team

by: Christer Edwards

The Sysadmin team has seen some major changes over the last quarter,
primarily the hiring of a part-time System Administrator Christer
Edwards. Christer can now be considered a liason between the general
community and the team. Any questions or concerns regarding the
progress of bugzilla issues, or project ideas can be directed through
him.

In addition to the above, the team has been primarily focused on a few
specific tasks:

First, the team has been putting a lot of attention into everyone's
favorite new project, Snowy, which is moving along nicely. The alpha
testing has been open and the stable public release is anticipated
around the release of GNOME 3.0.

Second, a baseline was set for server reporting and the noise was
significantly cut down. This allows us to better monitor the daily
health of the servers and catch issues early.

Thirdly, a monitoring solution is being put in place to keep us
apprised of outages. This includes core services such as mail and DNS
as well as web services, load, etc. This is still in progress, but the
final solution should give us early notice on any outages which we can
hopefully act on before they affect the general community.

Lastly, some new services were implemented for community use such as a
public Gobby service, and pm.gnome.org, a Project Management web
service. Anyone needing access to these services can contact Christer
or the other team members.

In the next quarter we look forward to continued improvements in
documenting procedures, standardization and expansion.