joining the sysadmins team

Hi Paul,

I'd like to join and help out the GNOME sysadmin team.

Why?
* I have been using GNOME for more than 5 years now, and would like to
contribute back.
* I have some experience as a sysadmin:
     - I am one of the 2 sysadmins for our school website, and the ocps domain
     - I have learned a lot of administration skills through my
interns at: eprentise, and Sun (sql databases and data migration)
     - I help out our local team here with mailing list moderation.
     - I am also the sysadmin for some of my teacher's websites/blogs
who need help in managing their sites :)
* I like learning new things, and I am a pretty fast learner.

What I know?
* Perl, PHP, Python, JS and learning Drupal
* Bugzilla, Tomcat, OpenGrok, Glassfish, Blog administration systems
(like word-press) installation and managing experience.
* A good knowledge of Dtrace which is a very helpful server admin. tool
* A good hold on the command-line

One of the big reason for me to join the team is to learn more and
make the best even better :) I mostly work in documentation team and
fixing bugs, some people can vouch for me, but their emails might be a
little late :)

I would really like to join and learn more from the experts.  More
information available upon request.

Vikram Dhillon

~~~
There are lots of Linux users who don't care how the kernel works, but
only want to use it. That is a tribute to how good Linux is.
-- Linus Torvalds