Re: [libgnomecanvasmm] [libgnomecanvas.doap] Fixed invalid multiple objects on RDF properties

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 03:08:12PM -0500, Shaun McCance wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-04-16 at 21:36 +0200, Olav Vitters wrote:
> > If you want to improve the doap file check, see gitadmin-bin module.
> > Better check is really welcome.
>
> Actually, the particular bit you quoted is caught by our DOAP file
> check. I know this because git.gnome.org rejected my commit when I
> was trying to fix the other problem. This problem must have been in
> this file from before validate-doap checked for it.

Ah, yeah. I saw you fixing the <maintainer> stuff as well.

> The problem I'm seeing and fixing is that people are putting multiple
> foaf:Person objects inside a single maintainer property. That's not
> valid RDF.
>
> Owen mentioned on d-d-l a way this could be checked:
>
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2010-April/msg00121.html
> Of course, we won't get a full RDF validity check without using a real
> RDF library. (Blip uses Redland.) But this seems like a common enough
> problem to have a special-case check for it.
>
> I'm not quite sure how to run validate-doap on my machine, and I'm
> wary of committing changes that I can't test. Any pointers?

It is pretty easy:
cat some-doap-file.doap | ./validate-doap some-doap-file

The argument to validate-doap can be anything actually. Just used in an
error message.

Not sure if you can commit to gitadmin-bin, likely you cannot. Just send
the patch here (gnome-infrastructure) in case of errors.

Olav