Open questions on Snowy deployment

Dear all,

As you may know, I'm trying to study hard to learn stuff for deploying
Snowy (a.k.a tomboy-online).
I have been practicing and I think I'm ready for setting it up, but
there are still some questions that should
be confirmed with your guys.

1) What software stack that we prefer to use?
    I mean (OS + web server + module + database), we have many choices.
    OS: RHEL,  Ubuntu,  Fedora etc, but this seems not a problem, the
server is sponsored by Redhat, so that RHEL would probably better.
    Web server: Apache,  lightttpd,  Ngnix?
    Module: mod_wsgi,  mod_python,  FastCGI?
    Database: mysql, postgresql, sqlite?

2) Should we separate the components to many servers as distributed
architecture?
    - static files (media server)
    - database
    - load balancer

3) Should we use memcached as a cache server?

I'm opening my ears to you and looking forwarding to hearing your voices. :)
by the way, Is the VM ready for use?

Thanks for reading.

--
Ray Wang