Re: DB issues with WPMU

<quote who="Owen Taylor">

>  create index wp_1_options_autoload on wp_1_options (autoload);
>
> And sure enough 'show processlist' suddenly went from 90+ active
> connections to just a couple.

Great, thanks.

> Even with the index added, caching feed data in the options table seems
> weird and perverse. I wonder if it is expected that for a installation the
> size of blogs.gnome.org some other object cache is installed, and the
> default object cache behavior is just a fallback to get something going
> quickly.

Yeah, using the database as the persistent cache for feeds and such is there
mostly for "run a single WordPress easily without doing insane stuff on
every page load" use cases.

I'll add the APC-based object cache support to WPMU, and watch how it goes
to nut out a sensible size for the APC user cache.

Ultimately, I'd love to put blogo on another machine, so its rather unique
abuse of Apache and MySQL -- compared to anything else we run -- can be
segmented away from more, uh, critical infrastructure. :-) Thoughts on this?

Thanks,

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2010: Wellington, NZ                http://www.lca2010.org.nz/

   "We are peaking sexually when they are peaking. And two peaks makes a
                        hell of a good mount." - SMH