Re: Port 9070 on fixed.gnome.org

I asked:

> Currently access to build.gnome.org buildbot port (9070) is restricted
> to some IP (I just realized this now when adding a new buildbot),
> would it be possible to open this port to all ?

It was discussed in the sysadmin teeam meeting, summary:

  Paul Cutler to look into opening port 9070 for the buildbot team.
  (If yes, Paul will need to request through Owen to open ticket with
  the Red Hat IT team). Paul to work with Fredp on the number of
  changes needed and what level of security is provided by Buildbot.
  (Login / passwords in the clear?)

Buildbot uses the challenge/response mechanism provided by twisted, so the
master sends a challenge (16 bytes) and the password is then sent hashed
together with the challenge:

    m = md5()
    m.update(password)
    hashedPassword = m.digest()