Re: Git migration and l10n.gnome.org

"Christian Rose" <menthos gnome org>, Sun, 11 Jan 2009 02:17:56 +0100:

> On 1/11/09, Claude Paroz <claude 2xlibre net> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >  I've written some information and ideas about possible consequences of
> >  Git migration on the GNOME translation workflow.
> >  http://live.gnome.org/action/subscribe/GitMigration/Translators
> >
> >  Feel free to add comments or other ideas. I'm still new to the DVCS
> >  realm, so I may be out of subject on some points.
>
> I've added my concerns. To summarize, I think a "commit" through
> Damned Lies must actually mean a push to the master branch, not just
> storing it in some intermediate branch.

Good points, Christian. I can't but agree with you. For me, the message
is this: please don't read the situation as Transifex is a sort of universal
solution. Actually it is not. I'm afraid the module infrastructure we have
to deal with in GNOME is too complex, thus, the use of web tool solution
should be optional in my opinion.

Best,
Petr Kovar