Re: Logwatch for bugzilla-web (Linux)

On Tue, 2009-08-11 at 18:30 -0700, Max Kanat-Alexander wrote:
> Owen Taylor wrote:
> > I bet it's faster to import from a gzip'ed dump than a non-gzip'ed dump.
>
> 	Does MySQL support importing directly from a gzip'ed dump?

I meant 'gzip -cd  dump.gz | mysql <arguments>'

> 	I'm pretty sure, in any case, that most of the time is actually being
> spent by MySQL processing the commands in the file and then building

Quite likely. Let me revise my statement to say that it will be no
slower :-) ... you save a ton of IO and the gzip CPU will be lost in the
noise. [and in this case on a different machine]

As long as you have enough space for now, there's no need to gzip
anything, just generally commenting on keeping 7-8GB uncompressed SQL
dumps around.

- Owen