Re: mysqld on drawable.gnome.org

On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 15:43:27 -0700
Max Kanat-Alexander <mkanat everythingsolved com> wrote:

<snip>

> 	It's probably too late, and I'm not sure it matters, but
> high-end MySQL installations apparently frequently get some benefit
> from running on XFS instead of ext3.

<snip>

I can assure you that GNOME is not a "high-end MySQL installation." :)

And, as Owen said, the small performance benefits we may incur with XFS
are more than offset by its cruftiness and relative lack of attention
in most distros.

IMO, unless we're running 20+ data nodes, XFS isn't going to be worth
the potential headaches.

--
./k

kurt von finck

http://www.mneptok.com

public key: keyserver.ubuntu.com
key id: 5229D26A
fingerprint: 127A A484 ADBF A5AD E7FB 8CD2 8913 18F4 5229 D26A

Music is the space between the notes. - Debussy