Re: git.gnome.org DOAP update
- From: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
- To: Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org>
- Cc: gnome-infrastructure gnome org
- Subject: Re: git.gnome.org DOAP update
- Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 12:03:48 -0400
On Sat, 2009-04-25 at 02:27 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
> Le vendredi 24 avril 2009, à 19:51 -0400, Owen Taylor a écrit :
> > In typical fashion I've left a dangling reference in the error
> > messages. When it fails, it says to see:
> > http://live.gnome.org/MaintainersCorner#maintainers
> > But that still is talking about the old MAINTAINERS files and not the
> > new DOAP files.
> (cool stuff, happy to see you've done all this!)
> There's actually a part about the DOAP file too.
Hmm, yeah, looks like that can just be extended a bit, an anchor added
and the URL in the error messages switched to point to #doap
Main updates I see:
- It needs to say that there has to be at least one maintainer
property with a gnome:userid pointing to a valid GNOME account.
(There can be other maintainer properties without gnome:userid,
they will just be ignored for the purposes of Mango.)
- It probably should say that shortdesc is mandatory, and other
properties are optional, so people don't include bogus information
for something like mailinglist.
- Adding information about the category property and the standard GNOME
categories. (Validation does not require a doap:category to be
present, but if doap:category is present it checks that it is
one of the GNOME categories; this is to prevent typos and people
making random stuff up.) See the latest templates that pulse
generates for the list of categories.
- The foaf:mbox entries need a little fixing - they should be mailto:
<foaf:mbox rdf:resource="mailto:bgmerrell gmail com" />
or it's not a valid RDF file. (This was a mistake in the initial
Pulse templates that Shaun and I came up with.)
- The comment in the example should be stripped or improved.
> Does this all mean we can kill MAINTAINERS files in modules and
> references to MAINTAINERS in the docs?
Yes, that's the intent.
There's one piece still to be done - the code that updates the module
representation in LDAP (what is used by Mango) is still reading
MAINTAINERS files from svn.
But since the it's still reading the files from *svn* they can be
removed from git at any point.
] [Thread Prev