Re: git.gnome.org DOAP update

On Sat, 2009-04-25 at 02:27 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
> Le vendredi 24 avril 2009, à 19:51 -0400, Owen Taylor a écrit :
> > In typical fashion I've left a dangling reference in the error
> > messages. When it fails, it says to see:
> >
> >  http://live.gnome.org/MaintainersCorner#maintainers
> >
> > But that still is talking about the old MAINTAINERS files and not the
> > new DOAP files.
>
> (cool stuff, happy to see you've done all this!)
>
> There's actually a part about the DOAP file too.

Hmm, yeah, looks like that can just be extended a bit, an anchor added
and the URL in the error messages switched to point to #doap

Main updates I see:

 - It needs to say that there has to be at least one maintainer
   property with a gnome:userid pointing to a valid GNOME account.
   (There can be other maintainer properties without gnome:userid,
   they will just be ignored for the purposes of Mango.)

 - It probably should say that shortdesc is mandatory, and other
   properties are optional, so people don't include bogus information
   for something like mailinglist.

 - Adding information about the category property and the standard GNOME
   categories. (Validation does not require a doap:category to be
   present, but if doap:category is present it checks that it is
   one of the GNOME categories; this is to prevent typos and people
   making random stuff up.) See the latest templates that pulse
   generates for the list of categories.

- The foaf:mbox entries need a little fixing - they should be mailto:
   URLs:

    <foaf:mbox rdf:resource="mailto:bgmerrell gmail com" />

   or it's not a valid RDF file. (This was a mistake in the initial
   Pulse templates that Shaun and I came up with.)

- The comment in the example should be stripped or improved.

> Does this all mean we can kill MAINTAINERS files in modules and
> references to MAINTAINERS in the docs?

Yes, that's the intent.

There's one piece still to be done - the code that updates the module
representation in LDAP (what is used by Mango) is still reading
MAINTAINERS files from svn.

But since the it's still reading the files from *svn* they can be
removed from git at any point.

- Owen