Re: Totem Git repository commit message oddity

Zitat von Sandy Armstrong <sanfordarmstrong gmail com>:
On 04/07/2009 02:39 PM, Robin Stocker wrote:
Hi,

I had a look at the preview Git repository for Totem as this will soon
be the main repository. And there's an oddity in the commit messages.

The "svn path=...; revision=..." text is missing from commit messages
up to revision 3812. Here's the commit corresponding to this revision:

http://git.gnome.org/cgit/preview/totem/commit/?id=a9c05d7434e533d5be48c3b114603e721d5a49d3

And here's the commit for r3813, which has the text:

http://git.gnome.org/cgit/preview/totem/commit/?id=6125f8a78c9c1bac815691eff0eb33fcb870fcde

What do you guys think could be the cause for this? And is it
important enough to fix it? Knowing the SVN revision is useful because
it is sometimes referenced in commit texts.

This is because the git migration is done by migrating CVS, and then
SVN commits from after the CVS->SVN migration.  I'm not 100% sure why,
but presumably this yields better results than doing a migration
straight from SVN to git.

Of course, that's perfectly reasonable. Thanks for the explanation!

  Robin