gimp net

Hi;

Recently I have difficulties connecting gimp.net. I hope it's right
place to report/ask about it.

The thing is I can connect to irc.gimp.net someones, but randomly from
same connection I have following logs about the error:

* Connecting to irc.us.gimp.org (130.239.18.157) port 6667...
* Connected. Now logging in...
* *** Looking up your hostname...
* *** Checking Ident
* *** Couldn't look up your hostname
* *** No Ident response
* *** Banned: botnet (2007/08/06 14.06)
* Closing Link: baris[draco 255 255 255 255] (Banned)
* Disconnected (Remote host closed socket).
 Cycling to next server in GimpNet..

(My connection IP was 81.213.157.51).

My guess is this is some kind of flood protection, but what should be
done to look innocent about this protection? Is that something on my
side?

Not a very major issue, considering after some time I can connect to it,
but still since it used to be working well, I wanted to report it.

Regards,
Baris.