Mango passwords and instructions?

On 9/29/07, Olav Vitters <olav bkor dhs org> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
>  There is a new way to get accounts setup asap. This using a new system
>  called Mango. The new system will directly mail the maintainer(s) of the
>  responsible module (you). With this email I'll try to explain how it
>  will work.
>
>   ==> IF YOU AREN'T INTERESTED IN DETAILS, SEE END OF THE EMAIL FOR YOUR
>   ==> PASSWORD
>
>  If you missed my blog post regarding Mango, please read/glance:
>  http://blogs.gnome.org/ovitters/2007/09/26/sneak-preview-of-mango/
>  (images are cropped, sorry)
>
>  Basically the process is as follows:
>  1. User requests account
>  2. User verifies email address
>  3. Mango mails maintainers
>  4. Maintainers reject/approve account request
>  ==> can need multiple maintainers if e.g. user requested e.g. Bugzilla
>  shell account and SVN for nautilus.. in practice, this won't happen
>  5a. Mango mails Accounts Team
>  5b. Mango mails user giving advice on the progress
>  6. Accounts Team sets up user in LDAP
>  7. User gets welcome email
>
>  Note: steps 3-4 can be skipped as some requests will directly go to the
>  accounts team (e.g. @gnome.org alias)
>

>  What does not work:
>  * This is for new accounts. It will not work if the userid already
>  exists. This is planned for the future (so you can request an additional
>  group).
>  * You cannot change your Mango password. Sorry. See end of the email for
>  how to get your password.
>  * You cannot change your other details (SSH keys, email address). It is
>  planned, but can take a while before you see it.
>  * You cannot change who is maintainer of your modules. This is planned
>  for the future.
>  ==> If you want to dicuss Mango, please use
>  gnome-infrastructure gnome org mailing list.
>

>  How to approve account requests:
>  * You will get an email from Mango to your email address registered in
>  LDAP. This is (possibly) different from
>  http://foundation.gnome.org/membership/members.php!
>  * Go to https://mango.gnome.org/ and log in (see end of email for
>  password)
>  * You will get an overview of outstanding requests right after logging
>  in. See http://blogs.gnome.org/ovitters/files/2007/09/mango7.png
>  If there aren't any outstanding requests, currently it only says
>  something like "Welcome $NAME" (and a log out button).
>  * Reject/approve the request(s) and click submit
>  Note: Because this goes to multiple persons, you might not see the
>  request even if you got an email from Mango. This means another person
>  was faster.
>  ==> NOTE: The user will be informed. If you reject a person, please send
>  an explanation to the user. Ideally before you click submit, because
>  Mango will email the user right away.
>  ==> NOTE: If you approve/vouch a person, this means that you are
>  responsible for that person (in practice this is not as bad as it
> [...]

There seems to be a bunch of "what's my Mango password?" tickets
stalled in RT3.
I'd like to know what I should answer the requestors. Is there a simple answer?
I tried

  ssh -l menthos svn.gnome.org mango

but it seems I'm not allowed to log into svn.gnome.org. Probably this
is also the case for most people trying. Is there currently a way to
retrieve one's password (I'm talking about users here; fortunately I
know my own password).

Furthermore, I found no instructions for Mango passwords on
live.gnome.org, not even on http://live.gnome.org/Mango. The only
piece of instructions ever seems to be
http://blogs.gnome.org/ovitters/2007/09/26/sneak-preview-of-mango/ and
http://blogs.gnome.org/ovitters/2007/09/29/mango-gone-live/ and the
above mail, only findable with Google and GMail skills, and containing
instructions that currently do not work...

Christian