Re: Hosting videos from GUADEC 2007

Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
On Sun, 2007-11-25 at 21:58 +0000, Thomas Wood wrote:
Hi,

I'm currently processing the videos from GUADEC 2007 and I'd like to
know where they can be put for hosting. My initial thoughts were to
upload to master so they can be synced across to ftp.gnome.org.

My rough estimate at the moment is there will be about 4GB worth of data
in total (about 40 videos, possibly averaging 100MB each). I'm encoding
at "broadband quality", i.e. it would be possible for users to stream
the video if they have a fast enough connection (564kbps). I'm not sure
how this might affect bandwidth usage.

So, thoughts and suggestions please.

I suggest uploading a copy on Google video.  I probably can help
mass-uploading them.  Let me know.

That is certainly an option and would be good to do , but I would hope it would be supplementary to the GNOME project hosting higher quality videos in an open codec.

Regards,

Thomas