Re: Bugzilla.gnome.org, live.gnome.org, etc down

Olav Vitters wrote:
[ The people who reported Bugzilla being down are bcc'ed. Many thanks
  for informing us. ]

Bugzilla.gnome.org is back up thanks to Matthew Galgoci.

Background info: the OOM-killer on the Bugzilla server killed (among
others) the LDAP process (contains the user names, etc). This broke the
LDAP replication from the master LDAP server (label) to the Bugzilla
server. Also broke the LDAP database on the Bugzilla server. Because of
the Bugzilla server not accepting the replication from the LDAP server
to the Bugzila server, LDAP refused to answer LDAP queries anymore.
Initially I tried to recreate the LDAP database on the Bugzilla server,
but failed miserably. Fortunately Matthew was able to get it running
again.

Was it *just* the bugzilla LDAP slave server that went down? I saw a bunch of 'create-auth-*' script errors too around that time that suggest the master LDAP server was having problems too. Maybe a bit more to this that the above?

All seems to be working hunky-dorey now, though. Thanks, mgalgoci.

--
Ross