From: Ross Golder via RT <accounts gnome org>
To: gk4 austin ibm com
Subject: [gnome.org #1107] gnome account
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 04:35:32 -0400 (EDT)
Let's not even risk putting GNOME in a legal 'situation'. or get our
sysadmins sucked into legal dilemmas we're not qualified or inclined to
consider! Let's just stick to the rules here for now - no exceptions
reqd. IMHO, IBM must publicly release a tarball, which expressly states
it's license as (L)GPL before it can be accepted by GNOME.

It should be Peter's responsibility as a GNOME CVS account holder not to
import any code before it meets the requirements. In the unlikely event
that Peter is found to have broken this rule at any point, his account
will be suspended and any modules he maintains removed from public CVS.
If in any doubt, Peter should probably bring it up for open discussion
on gnome-infrastructure gnome org or something first.

That seems to be the path of least resistance to me. Any better
suggestions welcome, but it's Kurt's call at the end of the day ;^P

George (gk4)