GNOME Infrastructure update

Hi there,

The GNOME Foundation board has received some offers for getting free
servers and bandwidth for the GNOME infrastructure. In the line of
stepping out of the way, delegate, let things get done, etc, we think
the board role here is to set the initial contacts and then leave the
details and the decisions to the Infrastructure team.

These offers include server co-location out of RedHat, in the own
infrastructures of each donor/host. We could probably get some more help
from Advisory Board companies if we need it. These steps would imply the
move to a more decentralized infrastructure.

I am no sysadmin myself, nor I pretend to. All the planning and
decisions to face this decentralization process need to come from the
GNOME Infrastructure team, obviously. Hopefully I can help as a contact
with the board and initial contact with potential donors/hosts.