Notes on Wiki configuration for pango.org

Here are some notes to document how I set up www.pango.org as a wiki;
to aid in future maintenance and also to aid if we want to duplicate
something similar for other sites.

Regards,
					Owen

* MoinMoin 1.3.5 is installed (from tarball) with a prefix
  of /usr/local/www/moin/1.3.5/. I didn't touch the installation of
  Moin used for live.gnome.org, which is an RPM installed into /usr.

  Since Moin does require manual migration between versions, having
  versioned installs seems like a good thing in general.

* The actual content is under /usr/local/www/wiki.pango.org/, all
  owned by the 'wiki' user and group.

* SuEXEC to the wiki user is set up up in basically the same way as for
  live.gnome.org:

  /var/www/wiki.pango.org has a copy of the moin.cgi wrapper
  script pointing to /usr/local/www/wiki.pango.org/.

  (SuEXEC requires executed CGI's to be under /var/www)

* There is a custom 'pango' theme used as the default wiki theme
  for the site.

  - The actual code and contents for this live in

    /usr/local/www/wiki.pango.org/theme

  - To hook up the theme, two symlinks were created:

    [...]/wiki.pango.org/data/theme/pango.py -> ../../../theme/pango.py
    /usr/local/www/moin/1.3.5/share/moin/htdocs/pango -> [...]/wiki.pango.org/theme

    The latter symlink will have to be recreated when transitioning to a newer
    version of Moin.

  - The pango theme is roughly based on the 'rightsidebar' theme. To avoid wholesale
    copying I wanted to use symlinks. But I didn't want to have all sorts of symlinks
    to the 1.3.5 directory, so there are two levels of indirection.

    [..]/wiki.pango.org/theme/img/logout.png ->  ../../base-theme/img/logout.png
    [..]/wiki.pango.org/base-theme => /usr/local/www/moin/1.3.5/share/moin/htdocs/rightsidebar

  The actual files that have been changed in the theme are:

   theme/pango.py theme/css/common.css theme/css/screen.css

  Everything else is a symlink.

 * Other than the custom theme, the rest of the local modifications are in
   [...]/wiki.pango.org/wikiconfig.py

It probably would make sense to put wikiconfig.py and the changed theme files
in CVS to have version control, but I haven't really thought about the details
of how you'd want to set that up.