Re: Gnome website country wide

On Thu, 2005-05-26 at 10:27 +0200, Toady wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> We are running a website for French speaking gnomers which is
> http://www.gnomefr.org
> The website is a very nice ressource for anyone interested by Gnome and
> who are not English-aware. We are a very active community.
>
> How about have the domain http://fr.gnome.org pointing to our website ?

I've added CNAMEs to 'www.gnomefr.org' for both 'fr.gnome.org' and
'www.fr.gnome.org'.

(sysadmins: I also brought the $TTL 3600 up to 86400 - was it set that
low for a reason, or did someone just forget to change it back after a
temporary lowering?)

For future reference, you should probably direct these kind of requests
directly to 'gnome-sysadmin gnome org'. This list is for general
discussion of the services.

Maybe also a French flag/section on the official website, so that people
> who don't know about the French community can look at it and it will
> attract people among us.

You should probably direct that one to 'gnome-web-list gnome org' :)

Ross