Re: [gnome-love] anoncvs.gnome.org out of sync

On Tue, 2005-05-10 at 09:23 -0400, Luis Villa wrote:
> On 5/10/05, Ross Golder <ross golder org> wrote:
> > Ramons has fixed it now. Apparently, the disk hosting the /cvs mirror on
> > that machine was full.
>
> Bigger picture: are there any ongoing plans to reduce the sync lag for
> the cvs mirrors?

I've had ideas simmering in the back of my head for a while for
investigating and improving the way the CVS mirroring works. The master
should certainly be configured to push updates to the mirrors more
regularly. Perhaps each mirror could also be configured to periodically
produce a checksum that represents it's contents. We then set up a cron
job to comparing the mirror checksums to the master and automatically
report any mirrors that are falling out of date.

However, other priorities (e.g. perl upgrades on window, finish getting
bonsai/LXR fixed etc) are in need of some attention before I can spend
any time messing around with the CVS scripts.

--
Ross