Re: Menubar Spamcopped

On Thu, 2005-06-16 at 22:15 +0700, Ross Golder wrote:
> We probably ought to find out how to get the following information
> updated:
>
> http://www.spamcop.net/sc?track=12.107.209.248
>
> And find a way to get de-listed, and prevent any further listings, if
> possible.

I requested automatic de-listing. The confirmation mail was sent to the
authorative contact "sbranden redhat com", he should reply to the mail
to get us delisted quickly.

Otherwise the list should be cleared in 24 hours after last report, or
so.

I believe it's not possible to prevent further listings as we don't know
the real cause for this one. I guess that someone (usually more then one
person) had reported spam received via our mailing lists, causing the
listing.

Being listed at bl.spamcop.net isn't normally a big problem, but it
seems that some admins who can't read instructions have set up their
mail servers to actually block mail based on spamcop's black list,
causing tons of bounces.

- Toni