Re: hardware for anoncvs

Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> writes:

> During the advisory board meeting, I think that
> a) We decided that we are capable of hosting donated hardware.
> b) The IBM and HP representatives said "give us a wish list"
>
> So, shall we ask for some donations to make anoncvs usable?

I missed this -- do we actually need hardware for anoncvs?  I'm
wondering if we can just turn on pserver on container or widget.  When
we first set up anoncvs, we had pretty poor bandwidth to the gnome.org
machines and canvas was underpowered.  Things have changed -- we have
more than enough bandwidth and machine power now.

Tomas, do you have any idea of how much anoncvs traffic we get?  Given
that container is pretty underutilized, should we look into doing this?
It would have the added advantage of being current, and not lagged.  We
could also do it on window, which has a read-only mounting of
/cvs/gnome, which would make me feel a bit better about it.

Thanks,
-Jonathan