submit bugs gnome org still broken

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed,  6 Jul 2005 17:02:26 -0400 (EDT)
From: Mail Delivery System <MAILER-DAEMON menubar gnome org>
To: q-funk iki fi
Subject: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender

This is the Postfix program at host menubar.gnome.org.

below could not be delivered to one or more destinations.

delete your own text from the message returned below.

			The Postfix program

<submit bugs gnome org>: mail for bugs.gnome.org loops back to myself
Reporting-MTA: dns; menubar.gnome.org
Arrival-Date: Wed,  6 Jul 2005 17:02:26 -0400 (EDT)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; submit@bugs.gnome.org
Action: failed
Since the gnome-media upgrade from 2.8.0 to 2.10.2, gnome-cd is totally
unusable for me; playback continuously hickups and stutters.

I am told that it's caused by a complete recode of gnome-cd to extract the CD's audio data in real time using cdparanoia and gstreamer, instead of just controling track selection and outputing sound via analog audio cables as before. I am also told that doing this was necessary to support recent hardware that comes without such analog audio cables.

Unfortunately, realtime extraction incurs a strong performance cut because of its increased resource requirements and that essentially prevents usage of gnome-cd (>= 2.10) on older hardware.

It would be necessary to have a gconf key to select whether gnome-cd shall output sound via the analog CD audio cables (2.8 behavior) or via realtime cdparanoia extraction (2.10 behavior).

Thanks!

--- End Message ---