Re: [GNOME-India] Building a community

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 9:09 PM, anish patil <anish developer gmail com> wrote:
Hi

I have received any response on https://wiki.gnome.org/Hackfests/India2015.
If we don't have any hackers then there is no point running the hackfest,
should i send this email to broader list?

You can't just post on a mailing list and expect people to just put
their name on it.  You're going to have to 'walk the pavement' and
that means hitting up hackers and asking them about the hackfest,
whether it is a convenient time, what kind of topics they might want
to cover etc.

I organized west coast hackfest, and I had to do something similar and
in the end it was a successful hackfest.  Just have to be tenacious in
getting it done. :)

You might also ask our friends in China and other parts of Asia to see
if they are interested.. we'll probably have to either 1) raise some
funds to cover travel 2) ask the GNOME Foundation if they can help
cover.  You can talk to the travel committee about it.

sri

Thanks,
Anish P.