Re: [GNOME-India] irc planning meeting to promote FOSS among women in India

This is cool!

On Sun, Apr 28, 2013 at 2:05 PM, Satabdi Das <itspopai yahoo co in> wrote:
Hi,

We are having an IRC meeting on Monday 29 April at 9pm IST to discuss how we can promote FOSS among women in India. We will be meeting at channel #wfs-india at irc.freenode.net

This is a first meeting among people who feel the need to have a community for women in FOSS in India to help each other, connect with each other and address common issues faced by us.
Although, no strict agenda has been fixed, a few topics which might be raised at the meeting are -

 - why and if at all do we need a group to promote FOSS among women in India
 - how we can improve networking among women in software in India
 - how we can unite to address common issues faced by women in technology in India
 - how we can help each other to build skills, expertise and grow professionally and personally
 - if we can organize an event (something on the line of adacamp - (I really love the idea)) in India.
 - anything that you wish to bring up to help the cause.

Please join in if you are interested.

Regards,
Satabdi