Re: [GNOME-India] GNOME Asia Summit 2010 and IRC Channel

As a step towards identifying the Gnome lovers in India, I created a Facebook group: Gnome India (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=284225429506) The main aim is to build a strong community and send a proposal for hosting Gnome Asia Summit 2010.

Quoting the How To (http://live.gnome.org/How%20to%20Organize%20GNOME.Asia%20Summit) :

"Make sure you get 1 coordinator, about 5 highly involved people and around 10 clearly committed contributors in the early stages of the planning process. Having board members in this list will be helpful. Make sure all of them survive until the end of the conference. Keep a balance between global and local contributors."

So with this aim, I urge all the Gnome lovers to help form a strong community and present a proposal for hosting Gnome Asia Summit 2010.

~kr0y

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 2:31 PM, Shreyas Srinivasan <shres gnome org> wrote:
2010/2/3 Kinshuk Sunil <kinshuksunil gmail com>:
> On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 2:18 PM, Gaurav Mishra <gauravtechie gmail com>
> wrote:
>>
>> 2010/2/3 Kinshuk Sunil <kinshuksunil gmail com>:
>> > Hello
>> > I am new here.
>> > I could not find a Gnome India IRC Channel.. and I was the only on
>> > #gnome-india, so thought better to ask.
>> > Also, I noticed the call for hosts for GNOME Asia Summit 2010 are open
>> >
>> > - http://pockey.dao2.com/2010/01/gnome-asia-summit-2010-call-for-host/#content
>> > Can we bring the event to India? Is the community planning it out?

Hey,

Yes we have been discussing that too. Srini are you on this list? Can
we start getting some thoughts flowing on how to approach this?

Cheers,
Shreyas