Re: [GNOME-India] foss.in 2008...

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 10:21 AM, "Sankarshan (সঙ্কর্ষণ)"
<foss mailinglists gmail com> wrote:
> Nirbheek Chauhan wrote:
>
>> Talks, BoFs, viral advertisement, on-the-spot quizzes (with goodies as
>> prizes), running around amok in GNOME Tees, what else? ;P
>
> Thank you. Didn't expect a response this fast.

Hah! Today's classes got cancelled =)

> Do we start off with
> potential topics and audience etc ?

That would be a start I suppose. A thought I had was about flyers
which highlight the latest GNOME technologies in the past year or so,
and the people (and companies -- might lead to sponsors ;) behind
them. For instance, gvfs, gdm-rewrite, seahorse, NetworkManager,
PackageKit, Clutter, Cheese (irrelevant in low-bandwidth India?),
Firefox 3's GNOME integration etc. We could also highlight the GNOME
SoC projects, a lot of them are very interesting :) We could then also
conduct quizzes about these things with goodies as prizes.

Basically I think we should try and bring the tech and the people
behind the tech into the limelight and inspire people to vie for the
opportunity to contribute and get involved :)

--
~Nirbheek Chauhan