[GNOME-India] FOSSKriti

Hello All,
As I've blogged on http://louiswu.livejournal.com/79839.html and
http://louiswu.livejournal.com/79839.html, the Gnome doings at
FOSSKriti was a runaway success (as were all others).

We started with a Beagle Hackfest on Thursday (Feb. 14th). 'Twas a
Valentine's Day where the Pooch got a lot of lovin'. 40 people turned
up for the hackfest, and most of them were really patient while we
resolved some issues. Things went on from 10:00 pm to 4:00 am. We got
a Beagle search bar for Firefox, as well as a BibTeX filter (so soon
Beagle will be able to index your BibTeX files too). There's another
project happening, but I'll say more when we have a little more in the
way of results.

We distributed Gnome stickers all around, and badges to the more
persistent of the lot, and T-shirts to the guys who made a
contribution. Some of them are interested in continuing to work on
Beagle -- let's see how that goes!

Shreyas delivered a really good Clutter talk on Friday (Feb 15th) --
it was well received by the 200 attendees, and we had a lot of
insightful questions. A few people spoke to Shreyas later and he
helped them get started on using Clutter.

So yes -- it was a *great* event. Thanks a whole big lot to Shreyas
and Sankarashan for making it _awesome_!

Cheers!
--
Arun Raghavan
(http://nemesis.accosted.net)