Re: Error while trying to commit the chronojump translation via DL

On Wed, May 4, 2022 at 7:33 PM Yuri Chornoivan via gnome-i18n <gnome-i18n gnome org> wrote:
Hi,

Hi,

I'm getting the following error message while trying to commit the chronojump
translation via DL:

[Errno 128] Command: "['git', 'commit', '-m', 'Update Ukrainian translation',
'--author', 'Yuri Chornoivan ']", Error: Committer identity unknown *** Please
tell me who you are. Run git config --global user.email "you example com" git
config --global user.name "Your Name" to set your account's default identity.
Omit --global to set the identity only in this repository. fatal: unable to
auto-detect email address (got 'l10n@damned-lies-4-wjqfp.(none)')

The email address is established in my profile and it worked well so far.

Is there any way to bypass this?

The error states the problem is with the *committer* name. You are the *author*, so the error has nothing to do with your configuration is entirely on the Damned lies side. Please file an issue at https://gitlab.gnome.org/Infrastructure/damned-lies/-/issues/

Alexandre Franke
GNOME Hacker