About PO generation for GIMP repository

Hi all!

We recently had our main dev branch (`master`) ported from intltool to gettext. Of course, we had various bugs which we fixed, but we realized one of them after we tagged GIMP 2.99.12 release.

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/-/commit/7375116d46faede26eea38ac2b7ee29513f415e6

TLDR; in the po-windows-installer/ folder, we had a bunch of "&Continue" (and other texts) in the source XML which should have been "&Continue" in the po files (otherwise they are re-exported back as "&Continue".

I fixed this issue, but since we also wanted a nice installer for GIMP 2.99.12, I also did a quick pass through the .po files in order to fix this issue:

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/-/commit/941a53dfbcf8a9d496eb5792539d7dd70d661d9c

That was basic fixing: gettext calls and some regular expressions. No semantic update on my side. I hope you all won't mind. 😇

I also did some manual change review to make sure I didn't break anything. I think I didn't. Feel free to double-check and really sorry if I did!

Now I haven't fixed the autotools script which seems to still grab "&" as-is from the XML and I didn't pursue the issue for too long.

So my question is: what does Damned Lies use for generating the `.po` files now? Does it use the meson build? Because I do hope the Damned Lies platform won't reintroduce the "&".

For the record, we are starting to shift and since this release (GIMP 2.99.12), we are going to encourage packagers to build with meson.
If all goes well, we might be able to drop autotools for GIMP 3.0 and not have to do all build rules twice.

Thanks!

Jehan
GIMP team