Re: Untranslated strings in gnome-control-center 42

On Tue, Apr 19, 2022 at 5:29 PM Felipe Borges <felipeborges gnome org> wrote:
Hi folks,

Hi,

We have received a merge-request in gnome-control-center marking a
number of strings as "translatable". See
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-control-center/-/merge_requests/1265

These are translations for the strings added in the new Wacom panel
(ported to GTK4). This means that these strings are untranslated in
the current stable GNOME 42.

I wonder if it is ok to merge this now. Translations should continue
coming our way and we will have the chance to ship the translated
strings if they make it in time for 42.1 (just a handful of days from
today) or at least 42.2 (end of May).

Yes, marking existing strings for translation is not a freeze break. The timing is a bit unfortunate as it means that not only they weren’t translated for 42, but also mostly won’t be for 42.1. Nevertheless, it is good that someone found out about it and that they will now be translatable. Thanks for checking with us.

--
Alexandre Franke
GNOME Hacker