Re: evolution: String freeze break plea

On Thu, Sep 9, 2021 at 1:14 PM Milan Crha via gnome-i18n
<gnome-i18n gnome org> wrote:
thanks, though is it too late now? I mean the hard code freeze is in
the effect and will be for a bit more than a week.

That is correct. I missed that we were already in Hard Code Freeze.
Options are to request an exception from the release team now, or to
wait until right after the 41.0 release so it gets in the 41.1 one. I
would recommend the latter, given the low severity of the issue we’re

If you decide to ask the RT exception, it’s at

Many translators may already translate the text, maybe?

That is not that much of a problem. The change will result in a
“technical fuzzy”, translators will see the string as fuzzy, the
previous translation will be kept in place for them and they can
either choose to change it if the context requires it, or remove the
fuzzy marker.

Alexandre Franke
GNOME Hacker

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]