Re: Sting freeze request for gnome-control-center gnome-3-38 branch

On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 3:53 AM Robert Ancell <robert ancell gmail com> wrote:

On Tue, 9 Feb 2021 at 20:25, Alexandre Franke <afranke gnome org> wrote:
Hi Robert,

On Mon, Feb 8, 2021 at 10:10 PM Robert Ancell via gnome-i18n <gnome-i18n gnome org> wrote:
There is a feature added in gnome-control-center 40 to add support for showing both IPv4 and IPv6 DNS settings. The existing code didn't show the IPv6 settings. This adds two new translatable strings "DNS4" and "DNS6" which show when a connection has both IPv4 and IPv6 DNS configured.

Requesting a string freeze break to add this feature.

Assuming you follow https://wiki.gnome.org/Forty for the 3.38.x releases as well, would this be added right after 3.38.4 so we get enough time to get it translated for 3.38.5? I’m not sure many translators would translate these strings by this week Saturday, even though I suspect most translations will simply copy the original strings.

Yes, happy to add it to 3.38.5 to give time for translation.

Sounds good. 1/2 from i18n.

--
Alexandre Franke
GNOME Hacker