Re: What to do with inactive GNOME language translation teams?

Alright, some thoughts (and questions) how to potentially proceed:

 * Define gap / which timeframe means potentially "inactive".
 * Contact each inactive team coordinator in an email and ask if they
   are still interested in translating GNOME and if they realistically
   have the time to do so in the close future, and point to
   https://wiki.gnome.org/TranslationProject/TeamCoordinatorResponsibil
   ities , and ask to Reply to All when replying.
    - This should not be single point of failure (mailbox) and single person
      being able to follow up though. If someone contacted an inactive
      coordinator, should gnome-i18n@ mailing list be in CC?
 * If coordinator is not interested or if there is no reply from
   coordinator within four weeks (?), try one more time?
 * If again no reply, remove coordinator in damned-lies, I guess?
    - How to handle that? GitLab tickets? Hope that folks who can do that in
      Damned Lies monitor this mailing list closely?
    - Contact latest active translators in Damned Lies? Language pages at
      https://l10n.gnome.org/languages/xyz/ have a "Team membership" section
      and folks have email addresses, but I have no idea how to check who has
      been the "last" active translators for a language, plus not sure how
      much emailing them would be considered spammy. Plus again, who else to
      CC? Spam the gnome-i18n@ mailing list?
 * If no replies, someone to make a public call? (Planet GNOME;
   Engagement Team?)
    - Somehow somehow reach out to downstream distribution translations? (I'd
      have no idea how to do that in a structured way.)

(I hope to provide data on translation activity per language soon.)

Cheers,
andre