Re: ***UNCHECKED*** Fwd: bug reporting

On Wed, 2020-03-25 at 18:22 +0100, Peter Mraz via gnome-i18n wrote:

bug reporting about issues of l18n is for new member of team
complicated

Please explain what exactly is "complicated" with steps to
reproduce,
and what you would like to see instead.

traslate english to native language is something else then write
whole request in english. Some people have a problem with it.

I might not understand... How is this problem solved by reporting
something in damned lies itself, instead of GNOME Gitlab?

Is it posible to integrate bug reporting system directly into damnet
lies?

Creating more isolated silos is usually never a solution...

I think that could by helpful if we have som standardized forms for
common issues like request plural forms, request description and
request context. The forms cana automatically generate bugreport and
could be localized to native language.

Maybe that's possible, though I'm wondering how OAuth (/LDAP) would
work between l10n.gnome.org and gitlab.gnome.org because there must be
that user's account which creates a ticket in GNOME Gitlab. Not sure if
any and all translators also have a GNOME Gitlab account...

Setting up task templates in GNOME Gitlab is another option but I don't
know much about it. Might be on a per-project level so wouldn't scale.

andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net
https://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/